Friday, May 09, 2008

Sydney Auto Salon, National Finals 07

A post that is way overdue.

It was a damp and drizzly morning when I was in my rental along with my sis, driving around looking for the North Sydney train station to pick up abby. After nearly 20 minutes of innumerable circles around the blocks of North Sydney, we finally picked up abby, and god almighty, the gps that she just picked up was a godsend. Our destination (more like mine) was the Sydney Olympic Park, the locale where the Sydney Olympics took place in 2000. Not this day though, as the event that was taking place at the showgrounds is none other than the Auto Salon Finals.

Nearly 30 minutes of leaving our fate up to the gps unit later, we reached our destination. Sis balked at the $25 entry, so she decided to stay put and sleep in the car. I don't think Abby was too happy with it as well, but she said it was part of the experience so she didn't mind. What a great way to start. Bloody Auto Salon rip-off.


Damn rip off. Damned if I get ripped off, be damned if I leave empty handed after wasting 30 mintues on the road.


TRD Super GT car with a tuned 3S-GTE in it


Attendants of the Malaysian leg of the Super GT gets way better shots than this.


Tuned S2000 which appeared on the Autosalon mag.


Nicely done up S15


Weaksauce GTT. At this point was hoping that there better be 2 GTRs present for every GTT to make up for my effort to attend.


Blur picture, but it was a 750+ hp supra on dyno (I think). Single massive turbo if I'm not mistaken, sounded like a 737 taking off. Was half expecting the harness to break anytime and the car flying towards the spectators, crushing a few poor souls to my amusement.


Subtly beautiful. Such is the top secret DC5 kit. Absolutely loved it ever since I saw the real thing driven by my neighbour's friend back at home.


Candy paint and bling wheels. What more can I say? Barf bag please.


Another one.


Finally, the real deal.


Good things come in pairs.


Fantastic 996 GT3. Immaculate.


Some tube frame drag car I suppose. Ironically the thing that caught my eye on this stand was the model, rather than this car. The model was taking photos with some buffoons. Poor thing was getting nasty buffoon hands all over her ass while doing that. Idiots.


Big boys started to appear in increasing numbers.


Supras not leaving without a fight.


When this car zooms past you on the road, you'll be aroused.


Candy paint, but all is forgiven as the color is not atrocious. Beautiful beautiful specimen. Makes me wanna be all over it.


Look at that front end. Pure sex on wheels.


The infamous Queen Street 360. Twin turbo'ed redhead.


Bring on the shades please.


From another angle. Read this baby is going to be succeeded by a Lambo.


Another beautiful S15


Hummer? No thanks. I'll take this one any day. Bad boy looks like it eats baby hilux'es for lunch and hummers for dinner. MASSIVE car.


Definitely a girl's car. Cannot be otherwise, can it?


This year's winner. The Osman brothers' masterpiece. Chopped up WRX, modified into a ute.


Do you see a front end in this pic, or a rear?


Insane hayabusa. Must have balls of steel to ride that, literally.


Side profile.


Some decent XX.


More XXes, dancing for me. I wish.


Not my cup of tea.


Pretty nice and edgy S14.


Which one is the best ride?


Another chopper. Love them wheels.


ACS'fied 5.


Pretty nice Jag S-type.


Lonely 355. Has a banshee's wail.


Can't get tired of 360s. So much simpler and prettier than 430s.


Happy Camper :D

All in all, the event is honestly not worth the entry price. It is not much better than your regular auto salon, except that it has much hotter models than the one in Perth. Would I return? I have no idea. But if they move the event to a location that is nearer to the city, I just might be too tempted to resist.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The model in the pic with the Osman Bro's wrx Ute is myself ;)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home